Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The MS Tour Rides Again

In a week and a half is the Riding Mountain MS bike tour. I'm a little behind this year but I'm starting into my annual fundraising "campaign" for this ride. It has become one of my favorite events of the year only because it ends up being a showcase of how hard I've worked for the season. I do have to admit, it does become a bit of a RACE. At least a race with my clock.  It makes me smile to read the posts I wrote for the previous two years of this event because it shows a lot about how I have grown as an athlete and a cyclist.

So if you wish, review the adventures of 2008 and 2009.

In the meantime, here is the fundraising letter I emailed to my friends and family. I am, as always, hoping to raise $1000 for the cause. If you can help out in any way, I am grateful.

*****

This year I am once again riding with the rrrr…. Red River Rebel Riders at the Riding Mountain MS Bike tour. The ride takes place on September 11 and 12th and we ride about 70 km per day (140 total) from Dauphin to Clear Lake and then back again. My family and friends have always been a strong supporter of me on this ride and if you can help out at all again this fall you can find my personal donation page here:


I usually in this email spend some time telling you what I’ve been up too in the summer in terms of riding. I think I’ve put in fairly close to 3000km this spring and summer. I was training for a Half Ironman distance Race that I completed this summer in Calgary (in a respectable time of 6:07:29) and that was immediately followed by a 3 day ride through the mountains on a route known as the Golden Triangle. Along with two other rrrr teammates, we rode 427 km from Canmore to Golden to Radium and then back to Canmore. It was a strenuous, exhilarating and exhausting ride.

This past weekend I took on 3 more big rides and the middle portion of that was a 200km ride with a group known as the Manitoba Randonneurs which along with 4 other riders we completed in under 6 hours of riding time which was a personal best for all 5 of us working together as a group.

So it has been an exciting ride summer and I look forward to the Riding Mountain adventure. It is always a great way to cap off the riding season and it is linked with raising money for an worthy cause (Multiple Sclerosis). Over the past two years I’ve been able to raise over $2000 for this cause.

I appreciate your support in advance. If you have any questions don’t hesitate to email or call. If you don’t wish to donate by credit card, I will take cash or cheque.
Cheers,

Kim

No comments: